Sound Design & Synthesis Course | 33% Off for Live Online
This is a Sound Design & Synthesis course that’s been created to take back creative control of your music making. It’s very much for those of you who are feeling trapped by the repeating cycle of sample pack and factory presets. Following this course will teach you how to build sounds from scratch, how to manipulate and modify them, and to get 15% more out of ‘nearly-but-not-quite’ preset sounds.
We’d believe that successful completion of this course will leave you confident that you’re able to program and develop your own sounds in all styles, using a wealth of production and synthesis techniques. You’ll head home to finish off those 8 bar loops that have been lurking, unfinished, on your hard drives! You’ll firm up your knowledge and drive your creativity to the next step.
You’ll learn to take the sound from inside your head and realize it in a studio situation. You’ll actually build and shape it from the ground up, learning how to modify it and then apply it to your chosen genre. This class is absolutely loaded with all sorts of production tips and tricks and great ways to inspire your electronic music, and get it moving forward!
It’s a good idea to attend this course with a mind that’s open to possibility. Forget the tricks and devices that you might already know for a bit, and embrace the possibility of the new. We aim to give you great confidence in understanding how to use and manipulate any soft synthesizer or VST without the stress. The sort of skills you can apply to any drum machine, sampler or synth.
This course gives you 18 hours of interactive instruction, and we encourage all of our learners to make the most of the classroom and bounce ideas and questions off both the instructors and the like-minded fellow students who will be there. The course is largely based around Ableton Live and Logic, but participants who are using other DAWs will find the instruction wholly suitable, too.
- Advanced run-through of industry leading soft synths.
- Drum programming in-depth.
- A complete understanding of tones, processing, resampling and different effects.
- Sound choice and genre production.
- Arrangement techniques and components that create all parts of a song.
- Course collaboration project – learning to work with other producers!
- Business tips and Q&A.
Subtractive & Wavetable Synthesis
- Understanding Oscillators, Filters, Wavetables, Envelopes & LFOs.
- Achieving analog tones with digital soft synths of today.
- Creating pads, basses and drums using subtractive synthesis.
- Arpeggiating and advanced subtractive techniques.
- Synth side-chaining, internal routing, layering & tuning oscillators.
- Modulation and automation.
- Attaining club level sub-bass frequencies in your mixes.
- Understanding the results of different tones and frequencies through the world of modulation.
- Randomness & control.
- Achieving distinctive sounds by looping cycles of audio.
- FX and rising techniques.
Track Mentoring Sessions
- One to one mentoring and guidance on your masterpiece
30 Hours | In-Person: $1199 + $100 Registration Fee | 33% off Live Online
Use the ‘CONNECT’ button below to request more info on our upcoming planned schedules for LA in PT and NYC in ET. One of our placement experts will follow up with information and find a time for an assessment call to get you in to the most suitable program we have for you.